Thursday, September 6, 2007

Grammatical Blogs

Grammar is something of a sticking point for me. While my grammar is not immaculate, I do consider myself able to exercise pretty sweet grammatical skills. While I was surfing around today, I found links to two blogs that speak to pet peeves of mine.

While there is an irony to using a quotation mark, unless the quote is actually being used to convey suspicion or demarcate the presence of a foreign speaker to the narrative, the quotation mark is a part of grammar that is frequently overused to non-comic effect. the "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks deals with this very aggravating topic and does it with pictures. PICTURES!!!!!

Joining its quoting-crazy friends, Literally, A Web Log concentrates on the brutality of misusing the term literally. It's such a useful term, but it's so frequently overused.

Are these blogs nerdy? Of course. Are they essential? Absolutely.