Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Information Stream: A Return to Form

I haven't done this in a while. I figured that this would be as good as any time to bring it back to the forefront. Also, I have to wait for a repeat of 30 Minute Meals. I should go buy some beer before that. It's just to soften the blow. I was born allergic to enthusiasm.

  • If you are planning on starting your own bare-knuckled cagefighting league, you'll be the USFL to the UFC's NFL. I would personally suggest that you come up with a better idea. If that idea makes you want to punch a hole in a wall or break a table with your bare hand, I will suggest that you don't have to give up your dream but don't go to England. I will also suggest that you don't go to town on my face.
  • From my personal favorite amongst leftist rabble-rousing websites, a columnist at The Black Agenda Report website discusses how democracy and voters lose by the selective coverage and questioning done by the media. The writer's fundamental point is very true. The uneven coverage is unfitting of what democracy is really all about.
  • I should keep a file of just mental giant stories. If you have lived under a rock for the last 20 years and never heard this term before, read this story. You will come to the same conclusion that I did when I read it: Peter Allison is a mental giant.
  • All men masturbate. It's pretty much one of those inalienable rights: life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the right to beat one's meat. Women masturbate, too. They should masturbate. It's quite fun and very relaxing. But, I'm getting away from the point. As many people who masturbate, there is only one lesson in life: if you are not the masturbating bear, you shouldn't masturbate in public. Along with the indecency, it's illegal. This whole illegality thing didn't faze this guy. I bet he has a really strong grip.
  • Although they got rid of Apartheid, South Africa hasn't quite made it out of 1692. If you don't understand that reference, you should learn your American history.
  • Luciano Pavarotti is on the downswing. I don't have anything witty to say here. That would imply that I actually listen to, and care about, classical music.
  • If you couldn't be outraged enough, Bush, in a new book, talks about playing Americans to support him in staying in Iraq longer. Keith Olbermann, as he usually does when Bush does anything that is bad with regards to the Iraq war, takes the President to task. I can't be convinced that the President is not hearing some of these commentaries on the regular.
Yes, all in the game like Jack LaLanne. If you don't know the name, don't rack your brain.