Monday, July 23, 2007

Politics and Morrissey

I watched the debate tonight. It wasn't super impressive. The questions were better than I thought they would be. The answers weren't on the other hand. Anderson Cooper is a terrible moderator, but he does get an A- for effort. He didn't follow up with as many questions as I thought he could have. I did like the fact that he stayed out of the way hence the A-. If you want to be good and get that A, you will have to be a news reporter from The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer, preferably Gwen Ifill or Jim Lehrer.

If I had to pick a winner, I would firstly slap the person who asked me to do this because there were no real winners tonight in this debate. After that, I would say that Joe Biden won the debate because he was fiery, passionate, and actually answered the questions. Mike Gravel was actually batshit crazy while being disturbingly lucid. Can I call that "batshit lucid"? Chris Dodd might have lost some points in my book for being kind of lame. Also, I have to give a tip of the hat to America for asking good questions.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the night. Bump this track if you know. Bump it if you don't. Shit's hot.



Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before - The Smiths