Monday, August 6, 2007

Evening Out

I feel like my writing was kind of weak today. I felt unfocused and slightly distracted. Anyway, I'm going to even this situation out in the only way that I can: with Monty Python clips. If you aren't aware, Monty Python is the foundational sketch comedy show. If it hadn't have been for these kids, the sketch comedy shows we know and love now like The State, Kids in the Hall, Mr. Show with Bob and David, and Saturday Night Live would never have existed. Without the six python boys, generation of comedy writers would have never realized that they could write comedy jokes without punchlines or even reasonable set-ups. While the movies are good, Monty Python, for me at least, is best memorialized in the Flying Circus. I'm going to post a few of my favorite sketches from the Flying Circus.

Ministry of Silly Walks:



The Lumberjack Song:



Spam:



Dead Parrot:



There are a few more, but this will do. I think this will put me on even for the day.