Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Marley Marl

I leave tonight with a tribute to Marley Marl. He's laid up right now, recovering from a heart attack. I only hope the best for him. I wanted to post a video of The Symphony, but I couldn't find the video. I know that exists because I've seen it. Anyway, this is a video from a group that he worked with back in the early part of the 1990's: Lords of the Underground. This track is a straight burner by the name of Chief Rocka. Put this song on around a true hip-hop head and their head won't stop moving for like four minutes.



As an unrelated bonus, if thinking about a dude recovering from heart attack is too serious for you, here is a video from exotica composer Martin Denny. It is for his song Quiet Village. It reminds me of Orientalism in a lot of ways, but it's a good video regardless.