Thursday, June 28, 2007

Interpol: Visuals and Stylistics

There's a new Interpol album out. I'm not a huge Interpol fan, but I do like their music. I definitely have all of their albums. They are really good for transitional songs on mixtapes. They are also updated enough to get the young kids into old bands like Joy Division and other art school favorites. Anyway, this is the video from the new album called The Heinrich Maneuver.



The video itself reminded me of an old, infamous Spike Jonze video. I'm sure most of you have seen it. If not, or you like it as much as I do, you can watch it here. It's from Wax and is called California.



The sound of Interpol on this song reminded me of older bands, like they've been getting back to the roots. This is one band that Interpol reminds me of: The Sound. Not necessarily this song, but the overall sound. The video is for sense of purpose.



There you are: a somewhat worthless exploration of my mind. I'm going to each dinner and watch the Democrats squirm in answering questions about Black people. PBS @ 9 PM. Don't talk about it; be about it.