Friday, May 18, 2007

If a tree falls, does it make a sound?

This whole week has been excruciatingly slow. I guess everyone was too busy watching the trainwreck that is both the Paul Wolfowitz now-resignation and Alberto Gonzales being further caught in a web of lies. With this said, I'm not going to really post today at least not in a conventional way. I'm not posting for the rest of the day, and I'm going to post in a rhetorical way now.

With my dissing of T.I. and 50 Cent yesterday, I'm using this sole post for today to display a series of talent that is in the mainstream of hip-hop that is actually positive, creative, inventive, and not caught up in all the bullshit that dominates lots of other rap. All of the stuff posted may not be modern, but all of these artists are still working and advancing the form while dropping something other than nihilism. Hip-hop will never die, but it needs to get its ass whipped. Maybe even get a shock from the defibrillator or a shot of adrenaline to the heart. Additionally, I would post a papoose rhyme, but I already have and I don't want to repeat myself.

Little Brother- Speed



Lupe Fiasco- I Got Cha



Ghostface Killah- Daytona 500



Pharoahe Monch- Gun Draws



Styles P, Papoose, & L. Fiasco- Cipher (All Freestyle)



Styles P. - Good Times



Kidz in the Hall- Wheels Fall Off



Rhymefest- More



Kanye West- Diamonds From Sierra Leone