Sunday, July 8, 2007

Being Literate

I've been trying to read Irresistible Empire this weekend. I am going to continue with that goal in the vain hope that I can finish it today. So, I will keep this post short for that reason. The book's a good read, but it's long. And I haven't been able to give it my full attention. Plus, I want to read some Updike now and I need to finish this so I can do that. I'm back in the saddle tomorrow, especially because the mid-Atlantic is getting that old fashioned heatwave now.

Just on a personal note, I'm sick of people in the D.C. Area complaining about how hot it is all the time. It's like, what? You think I don't know it's hot? My shirt's stuck to my back and I've been outside for 1 minute! Give me a fucking break. Additionally, I actually kind of like the hot days. Yea, it's humid and gross, but it's nice in a certain way. As long as you stay hydrated and wear some light colors, it's no worse than any other day. But then again, this is D.C.; everything is a huge fiasco.

Anyway, I've been slacking and I know it. So, I will start out this week tomorrow with guns blazing. Til then.