Monday, July 9, 2007

Zeta-Jones: Definitely Not Struggling

A while ago, I posted about how Michael Douglass and Catherine Zeta-Jones went to a celebrity function for charity but didn't donate. I said that neither Jones nor Douglass has a complaint as I know both of them are completely loaded. They probably have one of those swimming pools full of money like Scrooge McDuck.

Anyway, I came across this article at The Superficial which helps to verify this. They refer to an article from the Daily Mail that speaks of Jones's very unique hair care procedure. I can't summarize this effectively, so I will block quote:

The Beluga caviar is apparently flown in from Iran five days ahead of her treatments at a beauty salon in South Kensington. "Catherine discovered the caviar treatment last summer and was astounded by the difference it made to her hair," said a source. "She has an incredibly rich and vibrant natural hair colour but the creamy, almost oily nature of caviar really brings this out, making the colour even richer and making it so much more glossy." Miss Zeta-Jones's hair is washed with a truffle-based shampoo, then smeared with the caviar, which is combed through and left to set.
Yes, there you are. Millions of fish died to give Catherine Zeta-Jones that silky mane. You can spend money on caviar for your hair, but you can't give some scratch to charity. If you were in the news more often, I'd say you were dead to me for such pointlessly wasteful acts.