Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Youtube's Not Completely Worthless

Yesterday, I complained about how Youtube is a worthless place to go if you need to solve a sonic battle (also, Avril's in another brouhaha about her music. She ripped a Peaches song which is way better than what she turned it into. Must be the Canadian Connection at work.). Today, I will laud Youtube as a way to find out about music you would have never heard about any other way.

As you might have guessed, there isn't a lot that gets past me musically. This is something that has gotten past me. This disappoints me as I like downtempo music. The band that has eluded me is Koop, a duo out of Uppsala, Sweden. This stuff's amazing.

First video is I See A Different You



Second is Come To Me. This one's got an old-school 60s pop sound to it.



This should be less jammy than last night. Also, for fun, I'll post 1st of tha month by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. Kruder and Dorfmeister did a dub of this which is super dope. Think of this song at about half-speed and you have the dub. It's beautiful and appropriately psychedelic.



Now, I'm out.