Monday, July 9, 2007

My Day Summarized

While posting most of today, I've been listening to Neil Young & Crazy Horse and Neil Young. I listened to "Down by the River" off of Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere. This is the Neil Young's equivalent to Freebird, but it's way better and drunk festival goers won't call out for a song about murdering your girlfriend. Yea, I have to say that's pretty much an instant party killer.

Although this is the case, Neil Young makes even the most depressing song totally awesome. And only Neil Young can do this. Not Skynyrd, Not Phish, Not The Slip. No jam band can handle the awesomeness that is the Canadian master of Americana music Neil Young. No rock band can play like this either. Pure intensity.

With all of that said, the video for tonight is the song I've been listening to all day: Down by the River. This version is live from Big Sur. The band is the legendary Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. I hope that you enjoy this song as much as I have today.



That, my friends, is the consummate psych-rock jam. It's intriguing, but not repetitive. Most importantly, it keeps the song moving while allowing for artistic freedom. Awesome. And no, I'm not on drugs. I'm actually ridiculously sober because I'm trying to get a job.