Monday, April 30, 2007

The 1980's in 4 Minutes Thirty

While the 80's are a blur to me as I was born in the 80's, the explanations that I get for it are pretty much the same and most of those answers start out with mentioning Aqua Net. But, these stories can sometimes lend themselves to boredom, as I have watched all of the I Love the 80's and most of its sitcoms such as Alf, Small Wonder, Just the Ten of Us, Growing Pains, and Punky Brewster. Hell, we named our old dog after Avery Brooks' character on Spenser for Hire, an underrated show for its time but that's not for now. If I wanted to give someone a flash understanding of what the 1980's in America was all about, I would show them this video for "Sex Shooter" by Apollonia 6. It it a pure microcosm of what the 1980's meant: hair spray for crazy hair, multiple layer clothing, spandex, and the perpuation of the idea that if you are affiliated with someone wildly successful, you could be equally as successful even if you don't have any actual talent.