Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Pitfalls of Youtube

While for the most time, and with this blog as proof, I can normally find what I want on youtube. There are a lot of interesting videos out there when they aren't miserably embarrassing or pointless (teenage girls: it's not cool to shoot videos of you and your friends dancing around in your house after school. get a REAL hobby, and that's coming from a blogger, so take that!). The unfortunate problem that I have is that I can't find songs sometimes on there that I really want to post. Today, actually for this post, I wanted to put up a song by this British electronica band called Laika. They are amazing, but no one seems to know anything about them. I have been trying to see if they are going to put out new music or anything, but I'm not sure if they are. Regardless, they don't have any videos. If you type in Laika, you'll be directed to the Arcade Fire song of the same name and montages celebrating the first living creature to enter space.

Anyway, this is only a slight technical problem. Also, revel in this next week of posting because this site is going quiet while I'm on vacation (I'm taking a break from being a tax-paying, red blooded, meat-eating, ass kicking, hell raising American). So, I will start the new week as I always do: with the random 15 and a video.

the video is "Traveling Light" by Tindersticks. If you don't know about this band, you need to know about this band. They are beautifully good. This song is from their second eponymous album. That's right. I said SECOND EPONYMOUS! Don't get confused either; the second album is much better than the first one.



Random 15-

The Build Up- Kings of Convenience
Calfskin-Smack- Cocteau Twins
Blue Moon Revisited- Cowboy Junkies
Let's Ride- The Game
Keep It Movin'- Young Jeezy & DJ Drama
Insight- Joy Division
I Won't Share You- The Smiths
Serefin I Jungelen- Jaga Jazzist
Krimi- Liliput
Bag of Spiders- Slumber Party
Escapade- The Wynton Kelly Trio
Super Disco- Etienne De Crecy
Heroin (Alternate Take)- The Velvet Underground
Redemption- Cormega
Feel The Bass II- DJ Magic Mike

Bonus- Everyone should listen to Kathleen Hanna and all of her projects. My preferred projects are Bikini Kill, Julie Ruin, and Le Tigre.