Wednesday, May 2, 2007

I have an easy answer for this

In a recent interview with Nylon magazine, Lindsay Lohan pontificated about her very special relationship with the paparazzi. On one hand, she is an attention whore and loves the attention that is showered upon her by them. But, on the other hand, she is mad at them because she feels that they are getting in the way of her actually being successful as an actress. In her own words:

“The thing about the press and why they need to leave me the [bleep] alone for a little bit is because I don’t want that distraction from my work,” she told the mag. “I want to get a nomination. I want to win an Oscar. I want to be known for more than, like, going out. For being ‘the party girl.’ I hate that. I bust my [bleep] when I’m filming, and when I gave time off, yeah, I like to go out and dance.”

Yes, Lindsay, leaving a film and quitting another so you could be replaced by Jessica Biel is really busting your ass on set. Also, if you don't want to be the party girl, not doing "party girl" things like being the drunk girl in the club or always staying out until the morning hours might actually help your cause in some minor, infinitesimal way.